West Coast Wineries Shore Excursion
How about a delightful wine tasting experience on your Auckland stopover? We're offering a half-day tour to the vineyards of North Island. You'll be accompanied by a wine-savvy guide and will get to soak in the stunning views of the Tasman Sea. We'll be hopping in a minivan to visit two or three wineries. You can pick either a morning or afternoon slot, whatever fits your day better. We'll pick you up and drop you off at Prince's Wharf, no worries there.
- Get ready for a wine tour in Auckland's West Coast wine region of North Island
- You'll be visiting two or three wineries, tasting local wines like chardonnay and pinot noir
- Our guide and the winery staff will share their knowledge about the wine making process in the region
- If you choose the morning slot, you'll get to see the Muriwai black-sand beach and the Takapu gannet colony along with the Tasman Sea views
- We'll be travelling in a plush, air-conditioned minivan for a comfortable journey
- Covered with Viator’s worry-free policy: we promise a timely return to your ship
What to Expect
Once your cruise liner anchors in Auckland, we'll swing by Prince's Wharf to kick off your half-day jaunt to the vineyards of New Zealand's west coast. Hop into a comfy minivan and leave behind the hustle and bustle of Auckland's city heart and western suburbs, heading towards this North Island's wine haven.
Your friendly guide will take you to a well-established winery and a quaint boutique label, where you'll get to sample a variety of New Zealand's wine offerings, made from grapes harvested from Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne, stretching all the way to the South Island’s Marlborough wine region and Central Otago.
If you've opted for a morning tour, you'll make a pit stop at a scenic spot overlooking the dark sands of Muriwai Beach and the peaceful Tasman Sea. Follow your guide for a short stroll to Otakamiro Point, the abode of the Takapu Refuge — the northernmost gannet colony in New Zealand. Get a close-up view of these magnificent birds with wingspans reaching up to 6 feet (2 meters).
If you've booked the afternoon tour, you'll get to visit an extra winery instead. Wrap up your tour with a return journey to the Auckland port via the rugged Tasman coastline, making it back to the waterfront just in time to hop back onto your cruise ship. Worry-free Shore Excursion: We promise to get you back to the Auckland cruise port in time for this activity.
In the unlikely event your ship has sailed, we'll sort out transport to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you can't make this activity, you'll get your money back.